Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pope Francis warns 'lukewarm Christians': The Lord will 'vomit you from [his] mouth'

 
 
Francis cautions against Pagan Christians during a morning Mass, Friday at Vatican City.
 
Pope Francis warned there are too many people who live their lives as Christians in name only, and that such 'false' Christians are merely Pagans and “enemies of the Cross."
 
During a morning Mass at Casa Santa Marta in Vatican City on Friday, the Pontiff went on to cite Revelations 3:16 against mediocre believers, declaring that, “because you are lukewarm (Christians) I vomit you from my mouth."
 
According to Francis, there are only two types of Christians-- those who advance the faith and those who behave as “enemies” of Christ. These “enemies,” are "Pagans with two strokes of Christian paint, in order to appear as Christians."
 
He said true believers must be careful not to fall into the trap of Paganism. Believers must check in on their intentions, and make sure that they are not too focused on material concerns.  Asking oneself questions such as, “Do I like to brag? Do I like money? Do I like my pride, my arrogance? Where are my roots, and where is my citizenship? In heaven or on earth?” can be helpful, according to the Pope. 
 
It is often difficult to distinguish Pagan Christians from true Christians, as both go to church together, praise the Lord and call themselves Christian, the Pontiff stated. The difference, he added, is Pagan Christians are too concerned with worldly desires and hopes and “act like enemies of the Cross of Christ! Christians' enemies of the Cross of Christ.
 
....
 

No comments: